CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Listening

1 John 2:5, "If anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him." (NIV) My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." John 10:27 (NIV)

My morning devotion was perfect: I sat on the couch looking out the window, wondering what the future held. Some opportunities were on the horizon. My excitement, mixed with the fear of getting over-committed, ignited a rapid firing of thoughts: What would I say yes or no to? What was God calling me to do? How would I figure out His plans and purpose for my schedule?
Wondering and worrying wasn't getting me anywhere, so I decided to start praying. I wrote questions in a notebook: "Lord, what should I say yes to? Where do You want me to spend my time? Will You please show me Your plans for me this coming year?"
I wanted a sneak peek into God's calendar so I could adjust mine. Instead, I sensed Him telling me not to worry about tomorrow but to live each day in the hear and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment